Tuesday 18 April 2006

Easter with Parents

Last weekend it was a kid weekend and this weekend it was a parent weekend. Meet two of the nicest people I have ever known! We went to visit Paul's parents for the Easter weekend. They live about 600km south of Brisbane in a gorgeous settlement on the mid north coast of NSW . Paul and I headed off on Thursday and stayed until Monday. Whilst there, we ate and walked and talked and ate and talked and walked some more. It was very relaxing and very educational. After dinner on Friday, a group of four sat around the table and yarned about teenage and sibling life in Sydney in the 1940s and 50s. How I wish that I had had a tape recorder! Three cheers for parents and elderly aunts and uncles! Hip, hip hurray!

Meanwhile, another working week has begun for Paul. I've missed the start of the school term today. No teaching again for me for a while. Instead, I headed out early to spend time with my off-spring. The last get-together two weeks ago we went to a Japanese restaurant. This time it was to the Coffee Club for breakfast with one and then, several hours later, with another for lunch. Mothering time is precious when they have all grown up and live full and interesting lives of their own.

Mini holidays abound! For a peek at the B-I-G holiday that Paul and I are taking in the European Summer, check out the 'Blissful Travels' page.

Happiness and laughter always,

Bliss

No comments: