Thursday 18 June 2009

OT - Simon and Garfunkel, birthday and exam results

Last night The MOTH, now recovered from the flu, & I went to a Simon and Garfunkel concert here in Brisbane, Australia, thanks to a generous gift from friends. What can I say? They were brilliant!

I've only been to one other 'rock concert' - The Drifters in 1978. I had to pinch myself a many times with the thought of 'I am really here!'

I woke up this morning with 'Let Us Be Lovers' rattling around in my head.

Today is also the Living Doll's 23rd birthday.(Picture to be posted after the dinner tonight) Ah my darling girl! Have a happy, happy birthday!

Best news of all on a personal level: I passed an exam I thought I had badly bombed. I've been feeling a total failure for months and months - almost to the point of black dog stage. But now all's well - & I've got a new research paper to write as a result. Now all I have to do is pass year 10 maths. LOL

4 comments:

Olga said...

Happy birthday to your daughter!
And congrats on passing the exam!

Margaret said...

What a lovely treat to go to a S&G concert.

Happy, happy birthday to your daughter. Hope she has a simply wonderful day.

Wonderful that you passed the exam. Congratulations.

Alberta said...

I love S & G...how great to catch one of their concerts. I'll have to check and see how close to my area they may perform!

Seems like you really surprised yourself, exam wise! I would have loved to seen the expression on your face when you opened your mark!!!!

Happy Birthday to your Living Doll...23 is such a good age...but so is 53!

CindyMae said...

A bit late, but happy b-day to your daughter. It looks like you had a great time!