Wednesday, 11 October 2006

Pooh's Seasons - Progress


I've finally worked out a way to get all of the sampler in one - a photograph instead of a scan.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and the encouragement about my project master plan - PMP. This is my 'Pooh's Seasons' work. It's the number one reason why I started my PMP. This piece has been a UFO since January 1999. The aim is to have it finished by the end of next week. At this stage of Wednesday evening, I'm confident that I will get it done.

So why the lag in finishing it? I simply ran out of steam; the baby for whom I started it grew up much faster than I anticipated; I got busy again at university and then with moving homes (4 times in 3 years); I started something else; then stopped stitching for a couple of years.

That PMP and this blog have me motivated again. I hope the enthusiasm lasts a long time!

I hope you are enjoying your stitching as much as I am enjoying mine.

Bliss

7 comments:

Stitchingnow said...

I love phoo & his freinds so you get a big thumbs up from me on this one.

Leeny said...

Hi there!

I just wanted to let you know that I share your pain with not being able to get the necessary stash here in Australia! And I also see that you got burned by Lori, she is quite notorious within the stitching circles, this was a few years ago, if memory serves me well, I believe my order took more than 6 months to arrive and she turned nasty when a whole bunch of us wanted updates on what was happening. Unfortunately she removed all the negative comments from her guestbook, otherwise you would know not to buy from her!

Anyways, here are a couple of places that I always buy from and have never had trouble. Down Sunshine Lane (www.downsunshinelane.com), Amy is really lovely and is always very quick with orders and prompt with communications. Stitching Bits and Bobs (www.stitchingbitsandbobs.com) usually have very good sales, orders can be a bit slow in arriving, but I have never had any trouble and you can keep track of your order via their order tracking tool on their website. Silver Needle is another reputable and massive online US store (www.silverneedle.com), I haven't purchased from them very often, but never have had problems when I have! Anyways, hope that helps.

eileen :)

BlissxStitches said...

Thank you, thank you! Your comments are much appreciated. :) I'll keep these sites in mind.
Bliss

Cindy said...

I hope that it last a long time for you as well! I just love the Pooh piece, it is just great!!!

Nicole and Phil said...

Keep at it! It is almost done!
I have complted this one last year. It was a UFO from a friend, well, she was about 1/2 way through it, before I took it over.
It will be great when it is finished!
Cheers
Nicole, Berlin, Germany

Cindy said...

Stop by my blog, you've been tagged! ;)

Stitch or no stitch said...

What a cute piece. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished project at the end of the week.
Margaret