Friday 26 January 2007

Australia Day 2007


Happy Australia Day Everyone!

Paul, Gabriella & I have spent the morning enjoying our neighbours' company, eating breakfast & sipping billy tea. Great time had by all!


I Still Call Australia Home - by Peter Allen

I've been to cities that never close down
from New York to Rio (Rome) and old London town,
but no matter how far or how wide I roam
I still call Australia home.
I'm always traveling, I love being free,
and so I keep leaving the sun and the sea,
but my heart lies waiting over the foam.I still call Australia home.
All the sons and daughters spinning 'round the world,
away from their family and friends,
but as the world gets older and colder,
it's good to know where your journey ends.
But someday we'll all be together once more
when all of the ships come back to the shore.
Then I realise something I've always known.
I still call Australia home.


No comments: