Tuesday 30 January 2007

Six Weird Things ...

I have been tagged by Cindy

The rules: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write in their blog of 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.

I suppose one of the weird things about me is that I have a compulsive urge to explain 'weirdness' in this context. 'Weird' = strikingly odd or unusual. I don't see what is unusual about the things I have got listed. In fact, I had to ask Paul & Gabriella to give me a list because I can logically explain most of my actions. LOL

Another weird thing about me is that I will always do far more than I have to. I'm an over achiever. Here's the list. There are 10 official items.
  1. I can usually tell you the time without referring at a clock or other time-piece – It comes from years of teaching to time limits.
  2. I often stand at the bench & type on my computer rather than sit at a desk or table – my shoulders get sore.
  3. I cannot walk past a newsagent, bookshop or office supplies shop without making a visit – genuflecting & holy water as I enter is optional.
  4. I finish sentences in my head or forget what I was saying half way through a sentence, therefore leave the …
  5. I prefer not to turn right when driving the car so will drive 2km out of my way to get where I want to go. This comes from having an unreliable car for many, many years. I'd start to turn & the car would konk out!
  6. I ask for DMC embroidery floss whenever anyone asks what I want for my birthday, Christmas or any other occasion for gift giving (personally, I can't see anything unusal or weird about this because I'm a cross stitcher)
  7. I ask a lot of questions to people I meet - my daughters' boyfriends hate this one. LOL
  8. I’m female but I don’t like shopping.
  9. I know the birthday of the members of my extended family – Aunts, uncles, siblings, cousins, in-laws & out-laws - & try to acknowledge them each year with a card, email or phone call. What can I say? I'm family oriented.
  10. I know a lot of trivia about movie stars even though I don’t watch much television or go to the types of films these movie stars have been in. It comes with being a teacher of critical thinking.

    I choose: (what am I doing here? I can't remember what's next. I'll get back to it shortly - probably at 4am when I remember) Seriously folks, I'll have to see who HASN'T already been tagged. I'll get back to you with my six people.

    1 comment:

    CindyMae said...

    Great list Bliss!!! I can not go past a bookshop, office supply or newsstand without stopping either! I am also female and do not like to shop!!! Love your list! I had to ask for my family to help me come up with mine as well, because to me it is just normal! LOL

    With Love,
    Cindy