(a family favourite)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats (I substituted porridge oats as that’s all I could find)
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- Mix most of the dry ingredients together (flour, oats, sugar and coconut)
- Melt the butter and golden syrup over a gentle heat
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the water, stir that mixture into the butter and golden syrup mix and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix until you can’t see any more white flour.
- Bake in a moderate (180C) over for about 15-20 minutes til golden
- Remove from the oven when you’re happy with their colour, leave on the tray for a short time and then lift them off with a spatula to cool on wire racks.