Wednesday 23 August 2023

WIP Wednesday

Lowther
By Lotta H Löthgren
from
using




I have had a print subscription to The Knitter for years.
I love the designs but sometimes balk at using some of the suggestions for yarns because the choices are very expensive to purchase, or out of stock on the manufacturer’s website (even at time of printing the magazine).
The suggested yarn for this project is a case in point.

The Lowther design, however, really took my eye.



The twisted rib looks lovely


I like the saddle style shoulders

The yarn I chose is a dream to work with. 
It will probably going to bloom when I finish, wash and block the garment,
which will be interesting to see.

 I have had to re-do the maths for knitting in 8 ply (DK) rather than 5 ply (sport) yarn,
but that’s not a biggie.

My technique issue is getting the left-handed knitting correct.
I always have to stop and think about using K2tog & SSK in any pattern, which way (forward or back) for cables, etc,.I also need to practise using them more often because I do admit that there are parts of my knitting in this cardigan which could be better, now that I look at my work for posting online.

No comments: