Sunday 14 September 2008

Another Busy Week

We had an interesting week, really. It was deadly in relation to lots and lots and lots of work but we did have a few nice social occasions. I finally had to resort to writing The MOTH a list of jobs the length of his arm to do this weekend simply to get everything done. Oh gosh, I felt so guilty. Nevertheless, the jobs are done. The house is clean from stem to stern & the yard mown - we live in a veritable House and Garden home tonight.

So what social events did we get involved in? Like all days on the calendar, we took Lucy & Harry to the local park for a run and a 'hello' to the usual suspects. It's amazing how many people we know through the dogs! On Thursday, we went with friends to the Sidney Nolan exhibition at the Qld Art Gallery. I liked his use of colour, but found some of his Australian work rather childlike in execution.



Then on Saturday evening, would you believe that The MOTH & I had dinner with my ex-husband's parents? I kid you not. We did. I haven't seen Bill & June for a while, so it was lovely to catch up again over a nice dinner. The crown princess and her consort cooked. The crown prince and his consort arrived just in time to eat. A great time was had by all.

So what's happening this week? For The MOTH, it's a week-long trip to Sydney (he leaves first thing tomorrow morning), and, for me, it's the usual exercise routines around dogs and working out each day, work on Monday ^ Tuesday and study - again. Plus, we are also celebrating the Crown Princess's consort's 30th birthday (gosh, 30 already? Wow!). He's a lovely man. Hopefully, I will catch up with his mother for lunch on Thursday as she's in town from Toowoomba for the week.

Have a good week, one and all.

Bliss

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I need to do a stem to stern house cleaning...maybe some day.