Wednesday 18 November 2009

Paris

It has been a while!

Thank you to those wonderful people who sent Romeo and Juliet texts. The students were thrilled with them. Your generosity always continues to amaze me.

Neither stitching nor blogging (writing or reading) has been done here since September. These days, I don't seem to be able to work at school, keep a home, walk the dogs, stitch and blog all in the same week span. Sadly, I don't have the same abilities as I had when trying to be Supermum to four teenagers. The adrenaline rush has passed.

Ah well. Things change. I'm off to Paris on the 28th November for seven glorious weeks of summer holidays in a winter climate (read: romance, nice food, French culture and professional development).

The MOTH (who should be renamed The MNAH - the man never at home - with all the travel he has done in the last 5 months) is going to get a chance to miss me, for a change. He has a meeting in Paris in November and one in London a few weeks later, but he has to return to Brisbane (to work) in between times. Hopefully, he will stay in Paris for a few weeks from Christmas.

Anyway, who wants a visit? I have a few free weekends for train travel if anyone is game! Email me and we will arrange something.

Happiness & laughter to one and all,




12 comments:

Alberta said...

Felicity....only seven short weeks of glorious summer vacation? lol

I do hope you enjoy each and every moment. Where do you plan on spending the Christmas holidays? Is there room at the Eiffel Tower?

Looking forward to hearing some of the highlights when you can post updates or in the New Year!

{{{Hugs}}}
Berta

Chars said...

Only 10 days till yoe leave? Bet you are excited - have a fabulous time :)

Brigitte said...

OMG, seven weeks in Paris! What a treat. Seven weeks of speaking French, eating French food, walking through Paris, that must be like paradies. You must be so excited.

Lillie said...

Wow! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy!

Charlotte said...

Hello. I am just surfing stitching blogs and found yours. In Paris you should visit "Bonheur des Dames" on Avenue Daumesnil. It is a really great stitch shop. Bon voyage from Charlotte - www.sisfirstitches.moonfruit.com

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness - seven weeks of Paris. Love the idea.

It would have been so wonderful to see you but I'm afraid it is impossible. Will e-mail you all about it in the next few days.

hugs, Margaret

Nicole & Phil said...

if you want a trip to Berlin for a visit, let me know!

Unknown said...

Wonderfull!
Have a LOVEly time in France, England and sorrounding countries.
Enjoy yourself.

stitcherw said...

What a wonderful opportunity, have a fantastic time in Paris and I can't wait to hear about it when you get back.
Sue

Mylene said...

Have a great time in Paris.

Margaret said...

Have just sent an email to your athome at hotmail address. Hope you receive it.

Wendy said...

lol, it seems like I have not been the only one who has not been around for a while !
but I'm back now, so I hope to read your blog really often again !